Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hannover Christmas Markets



This past Thursday, Katie and I went to the Train Station Christmas Market to crab a quick drink. We both enjoyed hot chocolate in fun ceramic mugs. At the Christmas Markets, you pay extra for the mug (usually 1 or 2 Euros) and then you return the mug to get your money back! It makes the experience much nicer than drinking out of a plastic cup.

Friday night, we walked around the main Christmas Market around the Market Church. I tried taking pictures of some booths so you could see what they have over here. Everything from hand painted to mass produced ornaments, various foods, knick-knacks, and much to drink! The evening was good and I had two cups of Gluhwein, again in ceramic mugs! This was the first time I went to the market at night, so it was also cool to see all of the booths with lights. The whole city looked completely different at night, as every individual light popped out.

Here are some pics from the two nights!
http://www.pikiwiki.com/ews/editor.jsp?2RsCw1ZTAFlhIolWlfpWlLg

Also, here is a video of the giant German Christmas Pyramid!


Today, I ventured out to a Flohmarkt (flea market) and found some cool old things. This is someplace Jason and I will definitely when he comes back in December so we can search for antique ornaments…and anything else that might catch our eyes!
Tonight, everyone on my floor is cooking together to make a meal…something from Switzerland, but I don’t know exactly what…more details will come tomorrow!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and keeping warm!

Tschüs
Dustin

No comments: