Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow in Hannover!

Last night Katie and I went to see the movie, James Bond 007, at the Cinemax near the Bahnhof. It was in English (woohoo) but anytime the actors spoke a different language, the subtitles were in German! This made us laugh. Fortunately there were not too many moments like this, so we didn’t get too lost!

This evening I heard a tapping at my window, and it was Lisa wanting me to see the first snow in Hannover! It was not coming down hard, but the flakes with huge and beautiful! She was on her way to the supermarket, so I grabbed my coat and joined her. The snow stopped shortly after I got outside, but we had fun at the supermarket (which is now my new location to purchase peppers, cherry tomatoes, and peppers…stables in my German diet) and on the subway. We were headed to a second supermarket and accidently got on the 4 train instead of the 11, so we had to wait a few minutes for the train to turn around (it was at the end of its line). A few hours later the snow had picked back up and is now still coming down fairly hard.

Here is a video of the snow!

Tomorrow, Yusuke, Katie, and I are going to Gottingen…so it will be interesting to see what the snow does. A small German town under snow…this could be a new one!

Tschüs!
Dustin

1 comment:

Winter said...

Shorts and crocks!!! Dustin Potts, that is SO like you. BTW, I still think crocks make people look like dumbasses. We had our first snow in Chicago this last week. I was driving around...magical! Anyway, hope everything is going well!