This past Monday I went over to some friends apartment and joined in the festivities of making a traditional German food….Kartoffel Puffers! You might remember these from some of my previous blogs and pictures, but if not, they are grated potatoes mixed with eggs and flour, and then fried! I had these at a few of the Christmas Markets and have even seen them served at the Mensa cafeteria. The picture is of Jason by a sign in Celle at the Christmas Market.
They were very easy to make…basically just grating a bunch of potatoes into a large bowl (supposed to be done on the smallest grate level, but I switched to the largest grate level to make things a bit easier and go a bit faster…), adding two eggs, salt, and then flour. Anika did not have exact measurements for the ingredients, but rather just added the parts until it felt ‘right’.
They were then placed in the hot skillets and fried, and then served with your choice of apple sauce (traditional), something that looked like a chip dip, or ketchup! They were very tasty and fun to make!
Not much else has been going on this week….just working on a report and some presentations….and making a game plan to start studying for exams. Exams start the last week of January and basically go until the second week of February. Don’t worry if I fall off the face of the earth and communication during those three weeks due to studying…I will find may way back once these exams are done!
Have a great rest of your week and wonderful weekend!
Dustin
Dustin
No comments:
Post a Comment