Tonight, I walked to the supermarket, alone.
Mission: 2 liters of milk, 2 pudding cups, and 1 packet of cheese.
The air was brisk and the sidewalk was caged under sheets of rough ice,
Which crunched under my feet and threatened potential dangers for a slip.
Each step, each breath, each ice glimmer was a reminder that winter is here.
Upon entering the supermarket and much to my surprise, some friends greeted me!
They looked great in their bright attire of yellow, green and hints of orange,
And they brought a smile to my face as I remembered fun times we had together.
Eventually ending our brief reunion, I proceeded to gather and purchase my items:
2 liters of milk, 2 pudding cups, and 1 packet of cheese- Mission complete.
As I walked out the door and prepared to tackle the ice, I glanced over my shoulder,
And there were my friends, the fresh cut daffodils amongst the floral display.
Although winter was waiting outside with cold arms open wide,
The cheerful daffodils inside reminded me that every day, no matter how cold,
Is a day closer to warm spring and fields of daffodils.
Mission: 2 liters of milk, 2 pudding cups, and 1 packet of cheese.
The air was brisk and the sidewalk was caged under sheets of rough ice,
Which crunched under my feet and threatened potential dangers for a slip.
Each step, each breath, each ice glimmer was a reminder that winter is here.
Upon entering the supermarket and much to my surprise, some friends greeted me!
They looked great in their bright attire of yellow, green and hints of orange,
And they brought a smile to my face as I remembered fun times we had together.
Eventually ending our brief reunion, I proceeded to gather and purchase my items:
2 liters of milk, 2 pudding cups, and 1 packet of cheese- Mission complete.
As I walked out the door and prepared to tackle the ice, I glanced over my shoulder,
And there were my friends, the fresh cut daffodils amongst the floral display.
Although winter was waiting outside with cold arms open wide,
The cheerful daffodils inside reminded me that every day, no matter how cold,
Is a day closer to warm spring and fields of daffodils.
(picture from my growing Tete a Tete Daffodils bought at the Berling Hauptbahnhof)
No comments:
Post a Comment