So, this morning I went to the hort campus to do some hardcore studying and preparation for exams. At this time I also got help trying to access internet from the campus on my computer. Internet was not necessary to have, but would have been convenient to use while studying. After getting help, the internet worked perfectly…but I was nervous because several things were changed on my computer dealing with the net connection (and if you know me…you know that is way over my head). This made me nervous with my connection in the dormitory and if things would changes.
After lunch, I ran home to make sure my computer worked, but something was wrong with the internet and there was no connection (I wasn’t very surprised with all the changes that were previously made to the computer). And of course, since this machine is basically my only connection to the world (aka my fam and friends) I started to panic and decided to head back asap to the campus and get things changed back.
My friend from the dorm let me borrow his bike to move more quickly…and I was very appreciative of this gesture…however, I nearly died riding the bike! It was a bit small for me (way to small) and I learned quickly how out of shape I was! The computer guy probably thought I was going to pass out when I entered his office with a red face and deep breaths! Although I do a lot of walking…riding a bike is a completely different experience…especially when it is too small! (possibly even a flat tire…aka my weight!)
Either way…after getting things changed back on my computer (and after a workout/bike ride home) I was happy to find my internet is working again. Phew! Now that I look back and think about things…I bet it was a funny show for everyone walking by…just picture it…me on a tiny orange bike…obviously peddling hard, probably red face (bright red), with computer bag on back….wow :-) At least this allows me to say I’ve experienced life (if only for ten minutes) on a bike in Germany!
Life lesson from today: Big girls don’t cry, and big boys don’t ride little bikes!
Now I am headed back to study on campus (walking)…time for a brain workout instead of a physical workout, haha.
Have a wonderful Monday and week!
Dustin
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha..Dustin, you are hilarious! What a descriptive picture. Glad you got it all worked out.
Post a Comment