.jpg)
On Saturday, seven students from the International Horticulture program went to the International Plant Messe (Conference) in Essen, Germany. We started our journey at 6:30 in the morning with a 3 hour train ride to Essen. We literally then walked around for 6 hours, looking at over 10 halls filled with the latest technology, inventions, and ideas within the Floriculture industry. There was everything from new equipment for greenhouses to some of the most recent plant introductions, and every horticultural related business promoting their products. I absolutely LOVE events like this to see what is new! It was also amazing to see all of the abstract floral arrangements…there were so many! I am only loading one page of photos…but I ended up taking over 400 pics…there were too many great ideas there!
I really enjoyed this opportunity to travel with six of the other students. It is cool how we have come from all over the world (America, Africa, Thailand, Myanmar, and Vietnam) to study Horticulture in Germany. Although our interests are common, they are still diverse as our specialties range between entomology, genetics, economics and plant research.
So…it was a VERY long Saturday…but a wonderful one as well! Today has not been as productive, but tomorrow I will buckle-down and get prepared for the rest of my exams. Two exams are coming up this week, and then there are three exams next week, plus a presentation.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Dustin
Dustin
No comments:
Post a Comment