Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Beautiful Saturday!!!


This past Wednesday was my first full day of classes. It will definitely be the most challenging day as I will be in class from 8:15am until 7:00pm, with a break from 10:15 to 12! This coming week will be nice as all the classes will be in session.

On Thursday I went to get my visa, but was missing some paperwork. Since then I’ve worked on getting a bank account and transferring money. I have enough money to live in Germany for 6 months, but the government wants to make sure I don’t use it all in the first month, then have no way to support myself…so much paperwork, but it must be done! Thursday night, Lisa and I went to the gym and played volleyball. A group plays every Thursday...so this will be a fun routine!

Friday was full of working with the bank and getting money transferred. Later that night I traveled into the Kröpcke with Yusuke. He is from Japan and is doing some research at the University in engineering. I had some purchases to make, and he had only been in one store in town, so we traveled together via subway. It is very quick and simple to use the subway, and even better is it’s free for Hannover students! Around 11:00 that night, Andre, Yusuke, Veetaly, and I went out to Remmidemmi. It’s a bar/dance club that plays House and Electronic music. It was fun to experience a German bar and some good beers (yes…I said good beers!). One specifically is made in Veetaly’s hometown and is like beer with lemonade…it was actually good!

Saturday has been filled with more city exploration. The weather was the absolutely perfect…the warmest it has been since I arrived. Along the north side of the horticulture university are located some public gardening spaces. These are lots individuals can rent/purchase to use for vegetable and flower gardens. A ran back into the Kröpcke for some more purchases and exploration. In the heart of the city is a small floral vendor where they were making fresh bouquets. After chattering with the ladies for a bit I took some pictures of the unique designs. And of course, I had to buy one!

Here are some pics from the Agriculture campus, the community gardens, and some of the unique floral arrangements!

http://www.pikiwiki.com/ews/editor.jsp?20BAeXPIdi-Go007LYKegHg

Tschüs!
Dustin

No comments: