Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wolfsburg - Autodstadt

Today Yusuke and I traveled to Wolfsburg to see the Autostadt. This is a huge complex made by Volkswagon to demonstrate issues relating to automobiles and other facets of mobility. Many current developments in technology were shown throughout the grounds and the buildings.

We started in the main building and went through a museum displaying the history of cars and some neat innovations of Volkswagon. Next, we went to the ZeitHaus and saw many old car models. Our third visit was the Lamborghini building, which had a display on the Lamborghini (surprise). Yusuke and I did not know what was going on as it was basically a car on the wall with lights and smoke affects. We were confused as we left the building, but thought it was pretty cool…kinda! Other buildings we walked through included Skoda, Seat, and Audi, where we saw some of the newest technologies and samples of cars. I found many dream cars that I felt would be best driven by me! :-) The Volkswagen building and Car Towers were also very neat to see. The Car Towers stored cars and transported them via a conveyor belt system.

Overall, I was very impressed with the Autostadt. Each building was very informational regarding its specific topic, and they usually also included some form of a hands on experience. I also loved the landscape of the complex. It was very modern and futuristic. In the pictures, you will see how water was incorporated throughout the grounds, along with unique circular flower beds. If you have an interest in technology or cars, I would definitely suggest you visit the Autostadt!

Here are two clips of the Lamborghini exhibit. The car was attached to the wall and spun in circles, so that the car was temporarily outside!





Here is a second Lamborghini video...very dramatic ending! :-)



So, how could I resist take a few spins on one of the playground pieces? :-) (This is basically what I say at the beginnig, but it is hard to hear.)



Here or some pics from the day!
Wolfsburg I: http://www.pikiwiki.com/ews/editor.jsp?20BAeXPIdi-EcEjiQewa5jg


Wolfsburg II: http://www.pikiwiki.com/ews/editor.jsp?20BAeXPIdi-Fj2ujUW1cuuQ

Tschüs
Dustin

No comments: